Terry Trueman was born in Birmingham, Alabama. He attended the University of Washington, where he received his B.A. in creative writing. He also has an M.S. in applied psychology and an M.F.A. in creative writing, both from Eastern Washington University. The father of two sons, Henry Sheehan and Jess, Terry Trueman makes his home in Spokane, Washington, with his wife, Patti. His previous books are "No Right Turn", "Cruise Control", "Inside Out", and "Stuck in Neutral", a Michael L. Printz Honor Book
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
- Booktalk for 7 Days at the Hot Corner
- Booktalk for Hurricane
- Booktalk for No Right Turn
- Booktalks for Cruise Control
- Booktalks for Inside Out
- Booktalks for Stuck in Neutral
- Cruise Control
- Inside Out
- Stuck in Neutral
- 7 Days at the Hot Corner
- Inkweaver review of Hurricane
- No Right Turn
- OMS Book Blog review of 7 Days at the Hot Corner
- Stuck in Neutral
- Teen Reads review of Hurricane
- Teen Reads review of Inside Out
- Teen Reads review of No Right Turn
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Terry answered Least likely to succeed.
Other Fun Facts
- I went skydiving...ONCE.
- I met the Prime Minister of Australia and FLOTUS Laura Bush, 33 years apart.
- I rode motorcycles for 40 years before I finally crashed on one.
- I wish my middle name was Keanu or Bucky.
- I took up smoking for a girlfriend in 1980 and quit as soon as she dumped me.
- If I were a superhero I would be Bucky Keanu, and my power would be controlling the wind and making cool breezes.
- If you can only read one of my books before TBF read Stuck in Neutral, but then after TBF, read my newest and maybe my last book, Fame and Fortune which will be available or the first time anyplace at TBF 2018!