Janet B. Taylor
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Janet answered In High School, I was voted: Jr. Class President, Key Club Sweetheart, Most Outgoing, and….umm…Class Clown. (which is ironic, because I’m afraid of clowns).
Other Fun Facts
- My mom CLAIMS I came out of her with a book in my hand, but I think that's probably just a family myth. (Probably)
- In high school, I played the trombone (badly), then the clarinet (still not very well), THEN the band director found something I could really excel at- the cymbals. (BTW--I can still play the hell outta those cymbals.)
- I was soloist w/my school choir. When I was 17, I was asked to sing lead with a local country band at the Hope Watermelon Festival-a MASSIVE affair-filled with sophisticated events like a seed-spitting contest.I got up on stage. And as the band began to play, I picked up the microphone. I froze. I dropped said microphone. Ran offstage and out of the building. I made my boyfriend (now my husband who was there and remembers this VERY well) drive me home. I was not invited to participate again.
- When I was in second grade, I wrote plays and forced the neighbor kids to act them out. (With me as director, of course.)
- Apparently, my writing has always tended to the dark and twisty. Based on a story I wrote when I was eight, I fully believe that M Night Shyamalan stole my style of writing shocking endings.