Aaron Starmer was born in northern California, raised in the suburbs of Syracuse, New York, and educated at Drew University in Madison, New Jersey. His novels for young readers include Dweeb and The Only Ones, and his travel writing has appeared in numerous guidebooks. He lives with his wife in Hoboken, New Jersey.
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Aaron answered Most Likely to be Arrested for Making Prank Phone Calls.
Other Fun Facts
- When he was in sixth grade, he watched the movie Better Off Dead approximately twenty-one times. If you haven’t seen it, it’s the inspiring, yet tragic story of an intrepid paperboy who’s just trying to do his job.
- He has run the New York Marathon, rafted the Grand Canyon, hiked the Milford Track, and eaten two pounds of gummy bears in a single sitting.
- If you ask him to sing karaoke, he will probably sing George Michael's "One More Try" and you will probably cry.
- He lives in a state that is home to more cows than people and - if internet is to be believed - the methane found in cows' digestive tracts makes them more likely to spontaneously combust.
- Since he was five years old, he's had a jagged scar on his forehead. Too bad he was born in the 1970s. Growing up, there were no Harry Potter comparisons. Only Frankenstein.