Andrew Smith is the award-winning author of several Young Adult novels, including the critically acclaimed Grasshopper Jungle (2015 Michael L. Printz Honor, 2014 Boston Globe-Horn Book Award, Carnegie Medal Longlist) and Winger. He is a native-born Californian who spent most of his formative years traveling the world. His university studies focused on Political Science, Journalism, and Literature. He has published numerous short stories and articles. The Alex Crow, a starred novel by Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, and Booklist, is his ninth novel. He lives in Southern California.
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Andrew answered mosy likely to get lost.
Other Fun Facts
- I once got thrown off a train in France.
- I have two miniature donkeys named Ben and Casey Affleck.
- I always draw pictures inside my books as I'm writing them. Some of those pictures have actually ended up in books.
- I once wrote a book in a month, and it went on to be published (and also banned).
- I was the first in my family born in America, and when I was a child I spoke Italian because my mother couldn't speak English.