Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
A teenage girl leaves home to join the legendary Hunters, who protect the people from the terrifying monsters that have overrun their world.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Mercedes answered I was the shy, awkward nerd that went straight home and read. National Honor Society was the extent of my “clubs".
Other Fun Facts
- For years my husband and I did wild bird rehabilitation, specializing in birds of prey. We've put many hawks, owls, falcons, and herons back in the wild. Owls are (a) dumb as a box of rocks (b) poop a LOT and squirt it halfway across a room (c) do not like to be handled. In other words, they make slightly worse pets than a giant hissing cockroach.
- We are course-marshals for WEC, Tudor, GTP and Formula One auto races. Course-marshals are the people that wave the colored flags that tell the drivers what is going on in front of and behind them.
- I once worked in a magic shop and demonstrated the apparatus. I have been chopped into six pieces about 40 times.
- I was once in an elevator with the Seventh Doctor Who.
- I make dolls of my book characters, generally Asian Ball-Jointed resin dolls. I also make jewelry themed to my books, and put that up in charity auctions. I also do many forms of embroidery, knit, crochet, and beadweave.