Rachel was born in Kentucky, but has lived a variety of places including Chicago, Philadelphia, St. Louis, England, and Japan. She has a BA in Comparative Literature, although she insists it should have been a BS because her undergraduate thesis was called “Paradox and Parody in Don Quixoteand the satires of Lucian.” She eschewed graduate school in favour of drawing comic books. She now lives in Vancouver, BC, with her family, their whippet, and a talking frog and salamander (who fight zombies)(really. There are a lot of zombies in the Pacific Northwest).
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Rachel answered Most likely to live (and die) at the library.
Other Fun Facts
- I studied ancient Greek at university.
- I sing in a madrigal choir (medieval and Renaissance music).
- I made worm cookies in 7th grade.
- I once went more than twenty years without vomiting.
- I have a whippet.
- If I were a superhero, I would be The Iron Stomach and I would be able to eat anything without being sick. WILL eat anything...once.
- If you can only read one of my books before TBF you should read Seraphina. All of my books are set in the same world and build on each other. You can jump in anywhere, but it's definitely easiest to begin at the beginning.