Dhonielle is an author, a former librarian, COO of the non-profit We Need Diverse Books, and co-founder of Cake Literary, a creative kitchen whipping up decadent – and decidedly diverse – literary confections for middle grade, young adult, and women’s fiction readers.
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Dhonielle answered Most likely to take over the world using books.
Other Fun Facts
- I eat cupcakes upside down because I hate frosting.
- I am obsessed with vintage fashion from the 1940s and 1950s.
- I collect fortune cookie slips and my collection is nearing 5000.
- I haven't grown since the 8th grade and I still have my Converses from then.
- I am still afraid of getting into bed at night and leap into it because I always wonder if something - or someone - is hiding under it.
- If I were a superhero I would be the bookworm! Here to make sure every kid finds the power of stories and can see themselves in the pages of books.
- If you can only read one of my books before TBF you should read The Belles. I want teens to start critiquing the images they see and the beauty standards placed on them by the outside world, and this book examines that in a fantasy setting.