Sona is no longer able to make it to this year's TBF. Check out the other authors coming this weekend!
Sona Charaipotra is author of the doc dramedy Symptoms of a Heartbreak and co-author of the YA dance duology Tiny Pretty Things, a 2020 Netflix original series. A former People reporter, she's writes for publications like the NYTimes and Cosmopolitan, and co-founded CAKE Literary, a boutique book packager focused on delicious, diverse reads. She has a masters in screenwriting from NYU and MFA in fiction from New School. Next up: How Maya Got Fierce and The Rumor Game.
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Sona answered flightiest.
Other Fun Facts
- I make really kickass adraki chai.
- I love old Bollywood movies.
- My favorite color is peacock blue and I have a peacock blue velvet couch. (With a chaise!) Also: Peacocks are known to be very dumb animals.
- How Maya Got Fierce is based on my own experiences in the magazine world, where I started as an intern at 19 -- and where I still work today.
- In the book, Maya spends a lot of her time eating -- and so do most of my other protagonists. What I've realized is that I always write hungry girls, in all the ways. They're always chasing something. But especially with their kati roll and samosa cravings.