Erik J. Brown
Erik J. Brown (he/him) is a writer based in Philadelphia, PA.
He graduated from Temple University with a degree in Film and Media Arts with an emphasis in Writing for Media. When not writing, he enjoys traveling (pre-pandemic), collecting disco compilations on vinyl, remodeling his haunted house with his husband, and embarking on the relentless quest of appeasing his Shiba Inu, Charlie.
In 2021 he was selected as a Lambda Literary Emerging Writers Fellow.
His debut Young Adult novel, ALL THAT’S LEFT IN THE WORLD, was published by HarperColllins/Balzer+Bray in the US and Hachette Children’s Group in the UK Commonwealth.
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Erik answered most likely to wear pajamas every day for the rest of his life...and I proved them wrong! .
Other Fun Facts
- I was once trapped in an elevator in a Philly skyscraper with 13 other people for four hours.
- The best concert I've ever been to is Dolly Parton
- I wrote the first draft of my debut novel, ALL THAT'S LEFT IN THE WORLD, in 2015 and it sold in March of 2020.
- I collect disco compilations on vinyl.
- I've probably watched the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer over ten times.