Robin Benway is a National Book Award-winning and New York Times-bestselling author of six novels for young adults, including Audrey, Wait!, the AKA series, and Emmy & Oliver. Her books have received numerous awards and recognition, including a 2008 Blue Ribbon Award from the Bulletin for the Center of Children's Books, 2009's ALA Best Books for Young Adults, and 2014's ALA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults. In addition, her novels have received starred reviews from Kirkus, Booklist, and Publishers Weekly, and have been published in more than twenty countries. Her newest book, Far From the Tree, won the 2017 National Book Award for Young People's Literature and was published by Harper Teen on October 3, 2017.
Robin grew up in Orange County, California, attended NYU, where she was the 1997 recipient of the Seth Barkas Prize for Creative Writing, and is a graduate of UCLA. She currently lives in Los Angeles, where she spends her time hanging out with her dog, Hudson, making coffee, and procrastinating on writing.
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Robin answered I was most definitely, without a doubt, the Mom Friend.
Other Fun Facts
- I have a spoiled Shih Tzu named Hudson.
- I once fainted during an outdoor wedding and fell into the pool.
- I was born on a full moon.
- I'm terrified of heights.
- I can't start my day without coffee.
- I wouldn't mind being able to fly, so if I were a superhero, that would be my superpower. And since my name is Robin, like the bird, I could just keep my name!
- If you can only read one of my books before TBF it should be Far From the Tree. It's my newest and the book I feel the most attached to.