Charles was born in a small log cabin along the banks of the Genesee River in Rochester, NY, where he was raised by various woodland creatures. At the tender age of 5, he was sent—without his consent—into society to be “educated.” He endured many years in various institutions of learning, both higher and otherwise, with one ill-advised break to spend some time with his Uncle Sam in the Army. It was during this time that he met his future wife, sweeping her off her feet with tales of derring-do and promises of riches beyond her wildest dreams. Fortunately for Charles, Rose was easily impressed and had affordable dreams. He taught high school social studies in the Rochester City School District and at international schools in Kuwait and Trinidad and Tobago. Rose and Charles returned to the high-life in exotic Rochester, where today Charles works in advertising, creating ads that drive consumers into a buying frenzy.
Not sure which books to read? Let our TBF authors tell you which ones they recommend! Visit our Resources page, then scroll down to "TBF One Book Recommendations". You will also find a more complete list of books by each author under TBF Book List.
When we asked our authors what they were or might have been voted in HS, Charles answered Most Likely to Still be Taking Algebra I.
Other Fun Facts
- I play tenor sax for Some Ska Band (I'm not being vague, that's the band's name).
- I learned to play sax by sitting in with a 4th grade band - when I was 40 years old.
- I've scuba dived (dove?) with sharks.
- I once drove 8 hours to get a slice of pizza from my favorite pizza place in DC.
- I'm the voice of that guy from that TV ad.