Over the past ten years, the Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival has been an opportunity for public and school librarians to dedicate an event solely to teens, to encourage reading some of the best titles aimed at young adults, and to offer a place where readers can interact with award-winning authors. The Teen Book Fest demonstrates the value of teens within our literary communities and focuses attention on the authors who write for them.
The Teen Book Fest is free and open to everyone, but seating preference will be given to teens at all of the author sessions.
Here’s what you can do at TBF:
- Meet all of your favorite (or soon-to-be-favorite) authors
- Attend author presentations offered throughout the day
- Request authors’ autographs in books of your choice or on a TBF T-shirt
- Hang out with your friends and other teens that like to read
- Purchase books and TBF merchandise you’ll find only at the Fest
- Possibly win a raffle drawing
- Have a great time during this fun-filled event
Our mission is to foster a community effort to celebrate and promote reading by connecting teens and authors.
The goals of the Teen Book Festival are to:
- Connect teen readers to award-winning authors
- Entertain, educate, and enrich the lives of all Teen Book Fest participants
- Encourage interaction between aspiring teen writers and established authors
- Bring teens together socially who enjoy reading and to spread that enjoyment to others
- Celebrate, promote, and support recreational reading
- Have fun!
Don’t miss out! Make plans now to attend the Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival. To get all of the latest information about TBF delivered right to your inbox, subscribe to our e-mail newsletter. See “Subscribe” below to sign up.
Help keep TBF free to attend. Click here to donate now!